Postdoc in RNA therapeutics - #10346995
REF. NUMMER: 2023-224-05588
JobbeskrivelseThe Center for RNA Medicine(CRM) was established in 2015 and is located on the Copenhagen campus of Aalborg University in the heart of the South Harbor of Copenhagen. The main focus of CRM is to understand the biological functions of microRNAs(miRNAs) and long noncoding RNAs(lncRNAs) in human health and disease. We are currently pursuing several research projects that explore the roles of non-coding RNAs(ncRNAs) in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease(CVD), neurological diseases including epilepsia and Parkinson’s disease, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis(NASH) and obesity. Our long-term goal is to translate ncRNA discoveries into novel RNA-targeted therapeutic strategies for the treatment of life-threatening diseases. We have recently received a Eurostars grant together with Neumirna Therapeutics, Motac Neuroscience and University of Bordeaux to advance development of innovative RNA-targeted therapies to tackle Parkinson’s disease(PD). CRM participates in the FANTOM 6 project, has brand new, state-of-the-art research facilities and a broad international network of research collaborators. For more information about CRM, please visit our website: https://www.rna-medicine.dk, www.rna-medicine.dk or https://www.linkedin.com/company/center-for-rna-medicine/
The Center for RNA Medicine is looking for a highly motivated and exceptional candidate with a keen interest in molecular biology, particularly in relation to Parkinson's Disease(PD), microRNA biology, and RNA-based therapeutics. The primary goal of the PARMED project is to advance our innovative RNA-based therapies for PD to clinical trials. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting research during the early development stages of our lead compounds. This research will encompass a range of activities, starting from Proof-of-Concept studies in mouse models of PD, and extending to biodistribution/PK studies in non-human primates(NHP). The candidate will be expected to explore the therapeutic potential of antisense oligonucleotides(ASOs) in various animal models of PD. This exploration will involve utilizing multiple techniques, such as RNA-seq, qPCR, hybridization ELISA, and imaging. Furthermore, the candidate will be in charge of investigating changes in miRNA levels in brain and plasma, assess their effects on downstream targets, and evaluate how these changes impact PD-related phenotypes. This research will be conducted in close collaboration with bioinformaticians, as well as molecular and cell biologists from the Center for RNA Medicine, Neumirna Therapeutics, and partners within the PARMED Consortium
For further information regarding the position, please contact Professor Sakari Kauppinen at [email protected] or Postdoc Lluís Riera Ponsati at [email protected]. Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD-level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years at Aalborg University(appointment at Postdoc level cannot exceed a period of eight years in total in Denmark; however, max. six years at Assistant Professor level- which includes Postdoc- at the same institution).
Furthermore, the successful candidate for the postdoc position should possess the following qualifications:
- A PhD degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, RNA Biology or a similar area.
- Strong background in cell and molecular biology and in miRNA research.
- Skilled within mammalian cell culture, RNA technologies, and animal studies.
- Prior experience working with omics and RNA-seq data analysis is an advantage.
- Solid publication track record in RNA journals as first or lead author.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
- Excellent English skills.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas(Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position.
- Personal data
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the"Apply online" button below.
Shortlisting will be applied. After the review of any objections regarding the assessment committee, the head of department, with assistance from the chair of the assessment committee, selects the candidates to be assessed. All applicants will be informed as to whether they will advance to assessment or not.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact HR-Consultant Annette Sønderby Nielsen by mail [email protected]. Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here.
Løn og ansættelsesvilkår
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities(the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance's current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.