Financial Controller - #6514365
Are you passionate about financial processes and know how to take them to the next level in a fast-growing fintech startup?
Then take a look at this opportunity!
What is this role about?
As a Financial Controller in Januar, you will play a key role as you undertake all aspects of financial management, including Financial Modeling, Regulatory and Financial reporting, Billing and Accounting Quality Assurance.
You will be involved broadly in our financial tasks, collaborating with and reporting directly to our Director of Finance. This means you have the chance to grow your skills and responsibilities as far as your curiosity and ambition leads you.
This role suits someone who has deep knowledge of the financial toolbox and wants to be part of developing our Finance department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Financial modeling for business case evaluations
- Preparation of Cash Flow forecasts and Cash Flow statements
- Monthly & quarterly reporting to management and external stakeholders
- Bi-annual financial reporting to the Danish FSA
- Assist in annual report preparations
- Liquidity planning and cost management
- Controlling and quality assurance of accounting data
- Processing and approving payments
Why join Januar?
Januar is a crypto finance scale-up with a major focus on compliance and risk in the crypto space. Joining Januar this early on, opens opportunities to step up and make your unique view part of the way we work.
We pride ourselves on being flexible, self-starters, and taking responsibility. We have extensive experience with compliant crypto transactions, which we are bringing to market by bridge the gap between traditional finance and the crypto space. We recently secured a EUR 6m seed round from a consortium of international venture funds, which reflects the trust the market has in Januar’s business.
As part of the team in Januar, you'll get...
- A career in one of the most exciting crypto-finance startups in the Nordics
- Key role in the finance department, professional challenges, signifiant responsibilities and the opportunity to continue on building your personal career
- Highly skilled colleagues who are happy to both teach and learn
- Challenging and rewarding responsibilities with real impact
- Significant flexibility at work
- Best-in-class training in crypto fundamentals
- Private health insurance, company credit card, and delicious lunch
- Learning activities and social events - you’re welcome to arrange some, too!
What will you need to succeed in this role?
In order to thrive and perform in this role, we expect you'll need:
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience
- Being a super user of Excel and experience working with accounting software (preferably e-conomic, but it's not a requirement)
- Proficiency in Danish and English (both speaking and writing)
- A relevant financial education at HA, HD or MasteR level combined with practical experience
- A strong flair for numbers and sharp analytical skills
- An eye for detail, and able to see the bigger picture
- Flair for optimizing and automating standard procedures
- A keen interest in and understanding of crypto
As a person, you're a team player with a structured mind that are keen to apply your skills in a multi-talented, ambitious environment.
It is a requirement that you have a valid Danish work permit and live in Denmark (or are planning to move at your own cost).
It is furthermore a requirement that you can present a clean criminal record.
How to apply
All you need to do is to submit your CV and answer a couple of quick questions. We suggest applying as soon as possible, as we continuously evaluate incoming applications. The job ad will be closed once we have found the right candidate.
Starting date will be as soon as possible.
What is Januar?
Our mission is to build the gateway between crypto and fiat. Currently, we're building a platform that bridges innovative crypto businesses with financial institutions, and we recently launched our first product, which gives our customers - mostly cryptocurrency businesses - access to payment accounts.
We base our business on trust and transparency, as well as solid expertise and experience in finance and crypto. We’re not all crypto experts, but we expect you to be curious and willing to both share your knowledge and learn from your colleagues.
We are 30+ friendly and highly skilled individuals, and we expect to grow the team steadily over the coming year.
A fair chance
We believe diverse teams help us make better products, and that everyone deserves a fair chance. We welcome all people regardless of age, gender, experience and background - what counts is that you can make a difference in our business together with the team. We are open to applications from all sections of society.
If you are excited about the role and can add new experience and perspectives to Januar, do send us an application!
Our recruitment process
We review applications on an ongoing basis and invite all suitable candidates for a brief initial call with our People & Culture, where you’ll learn a bit more about Januar and how we work.
If there is still mutual interest, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager, so you can learn more about the specific job at hand.
If there is a good match professionally as well, you will be invited to meet more colleagues from our team. If the chemistry still feels right for both parties, we will look forward to welcoming you to Januar!